Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's really going on? Key word is 'underwater'.

This article from USA Today is spot-on. People would love to 'move up' but they can't get out of their old home! My old house in Smyrna is still rented (thank goodness!) but it may be worth less than my mortgages so it will be difficult to sell. Our current home is definitely underwater as the mortgages are easily $20,000-50,000 higher than the value (not that we're trying to sell/move). This is one of the main stories that every American should understand--and I wish Congress could understand it as well and try to stop regulating with silly new programs (HVCC anyone?) that have unintended consequences. Instead of the waste of time, money and resources on the health care debate, the focus should be on 2 things: jobs and housing. If you get those 2 areas sorted out, EVERYTHING will come together. I do feel that healthcare (like anything government regulates) needs to be reviewed and 'tweaked'. I am NOT in favor of governmental control and we need to see how both sides (Dems/Reps) can figure this out together--AFTER they sort out the economy! My 2 cents...

No comments: