Friday, May 14, 2010

AJC Survey

I had the opportunity to take a survey from our local paper, the AJC. One section asked to rank what I thought was the most important for the Atlanta Metro area. Using their topics, I ranked them as such: Transportation, Quality of Life, Economic Development, Regional Cooperation/Governance, Education and Health Care access and delivery. Why? As I drive up and down I-75 each day, our commute has gone from a 'typical' 45 minute drive to around an hour each evening. WHY? I have no clue. Driver's habits are one thing, volume is another and of course having trucks on the road are another issue (wouldn't that poorly planned 'northern arc' be great right now?). I got to give my 2 cents on education (I wish the teachers were allowed to TEACH), transportation (have GA take over MARTA and push it out to North Point Mall, Cumberland Galleria and the Mall of GA), the regional economy (again, fix transportation, and water woes--why do we allow so much lawn watering?), and quality of life (all of the above!). I gave a lot of thought to my answers; we'll see how they use the info!

No comments: