Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Random thought on Buying a Car

My Dad decided he was going to buy a Volkswagen Van last week. Turns out he called a dealer in a nearby town and some fool tried to get him to 'come in and talk' before giving him a price. My dad is not online and doesn't have the patience (or skills) for internet research. He's not afraid of calling around to get a price, however, and I'm amazed that this guy pulled the old 'let me ask my finance manager' routine.

He ended up calling another dealer in a bigger city and they simply gave him a price. After calling Costco to find out if they had a better deal, he tried one more dealer (as dealer #2 didn't have an option/color combo he wanted). After all was said and done, he got the deal he wanted on the car he wanted and idiot #1 in Evansville Indiana will NOT be getting his business! I wish I was so 'flush' that I could turn away customers!

Are you (or your staff) turning away sales? I'm sure not! While we're a small firm, it makes me wonder how larger organizations are faring--are they unwittingly turning away business due to outdated practices/poorly trained staffers? I hope so as our customers get to see the value of our SERVICE! Thanks for your support!

No comments: