Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oink Oink Oink! These little piggies LOVE earmarks!

Congress should be ashamed--House, Senate; Republican, Democrat. All are to blame. My disgust can be summed up with one word: EARMARKS. What happened to President Obama's campaign promises? Looks like we're back to business as usual as evidenced by signing a bill laden with these earmarks (though I think his patience will drop and he will call the "leaders" (quotes and/or sarcasm fully intended) to the carpet). What of all this spending and earmarks? It's true that Republicans blew it by spending too much over the past 8 years. I heard something today about these earmarks--a 60-40 split based on party lines. While 60% of the earmarks were from Democrats, I was intrigued to find that of the top 10 pork spenders SIX are Republicans! Shame on ALL of you! If we truly need stimulus, this isn't the way to go. Change? I'm still waiting! Our economy needs jobs, not more government. What's the old joke about the scariest line in the world? "I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." Ha.

No comments: